Termite feeding can affect the structural integrity of your home which can cause costly and sometimes, irreparable damage. These pesky pests work quietly and discreetly, often leaving behind significant damage before you even realize they’re there. The good news is that there are effective solutions to tackle termite infestations.
HomeTeam Pest Defense understands the importance of safeguarding your property from these destructive invaders, which is why we’re here to discuss the top three termite treatment methods. We aim to empower you with the knowledge and solutions to protect your home from these relentless wood-eating pests. So, let’s explore your options for termite treatment and ensure your home stays safe and secure.
Termite treatment methods
If you discover or suspect you have termites in your area, it’s important to contact a professional pest control company like HomeTeam Pest Defense immediately. Our professionals will assess the situation and recommend and administer the appropriate termite treatment.
Here are the top three termite treatment methods:
1. Soil Treatment:
Since subterranean termite colonies live in the soil, direct soil treatments are used to manage living soil-tunneling termites while also serving as a barrier to future infestation. Imagine creating an invisible fortress in the soil around your home that disposes of subterranean termites even before they get close. Soil treatment does precisely that. Here’s how it works:
- Digging the trench — Our skilled technicians start by digging a trench around your home’s foundation. This trench serves as the initial line of defense.
- Applying the termiticide — Once the trench is in place, it’s time to fortify it. We apply a powerful termiticide to the soil within the trench. This termiticide is specially designed to repel termites effectively.
- Refilling the trench — The trench is then carefully refilled, leaving behind a fortified barrier in the soil. This invisible barrier remains silent , and acts as a killing field for those who attempt to cross it.
And the best part: this method doesn’t just fend off the invaders; it’s a proactive measure to eliminate any termites inside your home. As termites exit the structure to return to their underground nests, they encounter the treated soil and are swiftly incapacitated, disrupting their journey home. Soil treatment is the equivalent of a “no-entry” sign and a “dead-end” notice for these relentless pests.
2. Wood Treatment:
Subterranean termites are crafty invaders. While they may try to sneak in through various routes, once inside, they target the core of your home — the wood. But here’s where you gain the upper hand with wood treatment: this method involves treating the wood directly, making it an inhospitable environment for termites.
So, how does it work? It starts with the application of termiticides to the wood surfaces that are most vulnerable to termite attacks. This powerful chemical seeps into the wood, creating an invisible shield. When termites attempt to feast on the treated wood, they ingest the termiticide, leading to their demise.
Moreover, as termites unwittingly carry this toxic substance back to their colonies, it significantly reduces their numbers. Thus, wood treatment serves as a robust deterrent and a strategic offense.
Pest control professionals can use a variety of different wood treatments to help kill any existing termite colonies and prevent future ones from spouting up. Wood treatments include surface sprays, injected sprays and foams, and Borate treated wood. Pest control professionals use borate wood treatments to prevent termite infestations and eliminate any existing termites in homes. Wood treatments include surface applications during the construction phase of home building and wood injections and foams after a home is built.
3. Bait Systems:
Subterranean termites, while relentless, can be manipulated to work against themselves. This clever approach is where bait systems come into play. Instead of repelling or killing termites in the soil or within your home, we let them do the dirty work unknowingly:
- Bait station installation — Our pest control experts strategically place bait stations in the soil around your home. These bait stations contain a tempting treat for termites — something they can’t resist.
- Feeding and sharing — Termites are social insects. When some discover the bait stations, they can’t help but share their newfound “food source” with their nest mates.
- Growth inhibitors — The bait they ingest contains growth inhibitors. As termites feed on this, it disrupts their ability to molt and grow, gradually weakening the colony.
- Monitoring and maintenance — Our technicians consistently monitor the bait stations. When they detect termite activity, they replace the bait with more potent variations.
Bait termite treatment systems are an effective way of destroying termite colonies. A pest control professional will install bait stations around the perimeter of the home and monitor the stations on a set frequency ensuring a home is protected from future and any current infestations. This termite infestation treatment effectively eliminates termites.
Contact HomeTeam Pest Defense for a termite-free space
The above-mentioned top three termite treatment methods are just a few ways to effectively protect your home from termites and prevent further damage to your home’s structure. If you think you may have a termite problem or wish to learn more about the different types of termite treatments, contact HomeTeam Pest Defense today.
Our expert team has been safeguarding homes from unwanted pests since 1996. As a leading pest management company, we’re proud to serve home builders and existing homeowners with the utmost dedication. With our state-of-the-art services and over 2,000,000 successful treatments each year, we know how to keep your space pest-free.
Join us on our Facebook and YouTube pages for valuable tips and insights on late summer pests and other pest control topics. With over 50 branch locations and a team of more than 2,000 skilled professionals, we’re dedicated to delivering exceptional results with every job we do, no matter how big or small.
So, if you’re ready for a termite-free space and a pest-free home, reach out to HomeTeam Pest Defense today! Protecting your home is our purpose, and we’re here to make it happen.