When you hear the word rodents what comes to mind? Yikes? Some think they are nasty pests that destroy property and spread disease. Others think of them as cute and adorable and choose to keep them as pets. While others think of cartoons and the happiest place on earth!
Whether you’re a fan or not, there is no denying they are interesting creatures with some unique habits and abilities!
- A female can give birth to up to a dozen babies every three weeks.
- They can jump up to a foot high!
- They feed 15-20 times per day.
- Rats can squeeze through an opening the size of a quarter…mice the size of a dime.
- Most mice have tails as long as their bodies.
- Mice play dead if they are frightened.
- A rat can swim for 3 days before it drowns.
- The average mouse lives between 1-2 years.
- To catch a rodent load the trap with peanut butter, they prefer it to cheese!
- A group of mice is called a mischief.
If you find that rodents are becoming a nuisance in your home it is time to call a pest management professional. Contact HomeTeam Pest Defense at 855-855-4873 and we will be happy to discuss how our services can rid your home of unwanted pests. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or check out our website at www.pestdefense.com.