As the weather starts to warm up in the spring, you find yourself coming out of your cave and welcoming the warm spring temperatures, perhaps without a thought for the oncoming insects and the need to utilize pest management services. Along with your regular spring cleaning tasks—organizing the closet, dusting hard-to-reach areas, and vacuuming under furniture—you should utilize some spring cleaning tips that promote good pest control for the home. The following ideas will help prevent pest infestation this spring and summer.
- Seal up cracks and small openings around your home’s foundation. These cracks seem very unimportant until they let a whole crowd of insects into your living space. If you’re not sure how to do this, pest management services can help.
- Get rid of standing water around your house. Standing water is a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects. After it rains, take a walk around the yard and see where water is collecting. Everything from bird baths and barrels to standing water in the gutters can provide insects a place to breed.
- Cut back tree branches and bushes, keeping them away from the side of the house. Insects are often content to spend their lives in the greenery outside, but if branches overhang your roof or even approach the side of your house, they could drop onto your home and find their way inside.
- Install screens on your windows and doors. That way, you can enjoy a breath of fresh air without allowing creepy-crawlies in.
- If you find signs of bugs around your home during your spring cleaning, you should contact professional pest management services. The sooner pest control for the home can begin, the better.
If you are considering building a new home this spring or summer, consider having a Taexx system installed. This is a series of tubing installed during new construction that offers pest management services before an infestation ever occurs.
For more spring cleaning tips, or additional information about pest control for the home, please visit our website, pestdefense.com, or call one of our professionals at 855-855-4873. We also invite you to join us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for additional tips regarding pest management services.